Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Friday 30 December 2011

#32 Movie - The Inbetweeners

Fans of the UK TV show should not need to read this review, they should just get straight to the cinema, because if you like the show you will like the movie which simply continues the story of these four friends post high school but before making those big life decisions like going to uni or working.  It's lewd, crude and rude. For those who are not familiar with the show, here is a quick guide to whether you should see this movie:


1) Are you a boy aged over 13 and under 20? If yes, then you will definitely relate to this movie and it is a must-see to give you hope.
2) Are you a male of any age?  If yes, then it is likely you can remember what it was like to be 17 and trying to get in with the chicks and you will find this movie funny.
3) Are you a female and able to turn off a natural tendency to be offended by sex obsessed teen boy speak?  If yes then you should find this movie funny.
4) Are you able to handle male nudity?  Strangely there is more male nudity in this movie than female nudity.
5) Are you a parent of a teenage or soon to be teenage girl?  If yes, do NOT go and see this movie or you may never let your daughter date.


Plotwise there ain't much - our four heroes Jay, Simon, Will and Neil head to the Greek isle of Malia for a post high school holiday where the plan is to get drunk and score with the ladies.  They quickly meet some out of their league lovelies and proceed with the plan, except for Simon who is obsessed with his ex Carly who is also in Malia (thanks to a not very surprising coincidence).  Everything culminates at the big boat party on their last day.


There really isn't any analysis to do on this movie - either you will like it or hate it.  Follow the guide above. I found it hilarious and highly entertaining throughout as you waited for the boys to do their next idiotic thing.  Of which there are plenty.  Ideal holiday viewing.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,I liked the tv show in the half hour format but a movie would be way to much, I will pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anonymous
    The Inbetweeners Movie only runs for 97 minutes, probably less than 95 if you don't sit through the credits. You really don't notice the running time at all so if you're a fan of the show, be sure to at least rent this out from the DVD shop.

    ReplyDelete