Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Friday 28 September 2012

What's your laugh a minute movie?

Comedy genius?  "Surely you can't be serious? I am serious.... and don't call me Shirley!" 

This slightly dated little gem of a line has helped the decades old comedy "Flying High" come out #1 in a poll of comedies by UK website Lovefilm.  The poll result was based on a statistical approach of calculating the number of laughs per minute of movie.  According to the panel, Flying High had a laughs per minute rate of 3.  It was followed by recent film The Hangover at 2.4 laughs per minute.  Next in line were The Naked Gun, Superbad, Borat, Anchorman, American Pie, Bridesmaids, Shaun of the Dead and Monty Python's The Life of Brian. 

I personally would have to rank the Naked Gun, The Hangover, Anchorman, Stepbrothers and Wayne's World, Austin Powers (original) as my funniest movies.  I'm so glad Shaun of the Dead is ranked in the top 10 but I didn't really think it was 'laugh a minute'?  It's funny and cool though.

What would your laugh a minute movie be?  I hope you will remind of some really funny movies....

1 comment:

  1. Hot Fuzz and Horrible Bosses are both movies I've watched of late that have made me laugh. Although I tend to enjoy animated kids movies - I probably laughed out loud more during Finding Nemo than during The Hangover, even though I thoroughly enjoyed the latter.

    ReplyDelete