Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Friday 3 May 2013

2012 BIFF Follow Up - movie releases

For those of you who followed my adventures at BIFF (Brisbane International Film Festival) in November last year, I'm pleased to share with you that a lot of the big or good movies from the festival are now available for you to see.

Flipping through Bigpond Movies at my brother's house the other day, I realised how many of the BIFF films are now out, sadly skipping our cinemas but at least they are available in Australia.  In previous years, many films have never become available so I've never seen some of them again.  Here is what you can now enjoy (refer back to my BIFF reviews in November if you need a review although I didn't actually see all of these):

  1. The Queen of Versailles (GFC doco)
  2. Robot and Frank (on Bigpond Movies)
  3. Miss Bala (out on DVD)
  4. God Bless America (available to buy on DVD)
  5. No (drama based on final stages of Pinochet's dictatorship) - in selected cinemas now
  6. The Man with the Iron Fists (available on DVD)
  7. American Mary (out on DVD)
  8. Sound of my Voice (out on DVD)
  9. Liberal Arts (out on DVD)
Sadly still no sign of scary movie Sinister at this stage.

1 comment:

  1. Since I posted this, I've seen that 'The ABCs of Death' is out on DVD this month, and so is the creepy based on a true story film 'Compliance'.

    ReplyDelete