Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Saturday 15 February 2014

DVD Gem: You're Next

Watched "You're Next" the other day, what a ripper little thriller/splatter film!  A guy takes his girlfriend Erin (Aussie Sharni Vinson getting to play an Aussie character in a US movie) away for a family reunion at a remote country mansion where the arguing has only just got going when a strange turn of events happens.  Some psychos in animal masks have surrounded the house and started attacking, discovered when the daughter's boyfriend cops an arrow through the forehead as he checks out something he saw through the window.  The family panics and it seems like a slaughter is in store.  So far, so typical.  But then the film turns your preconceptions on their head, as Erin keeps a cool head and organises the family to fight back against the seemingly random attack, and the killers' motives start to become apparent.  The film is brutal and director Adam Wingard doesn't shy away from spraying the claret,.  But there are some funny moments and the sheer kick-ass-ness of Erin makes the movie totally fun.  Not too scary but definitely super violent.  See it!

No comments:

Post a Comment