Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Saturday 2 August 2014

Movie #22 - Sex Tape

Sex Tape is neither a bad nor a good movie.  It's not good enough for me to recommend anyone go and pay money to see it at the cinema, but it's not bad that I'd say don't watch it on a Friday night on the couch.  It's okay.  It would be better if you hadn't seen the trailer for the movie, because that right there pretty much has all the funny bits in it.  Of which there are a couple of really hilarious moments, but only a few.  So if you want to skip the 90 something minute running time, just watch the full trailer and there you go.

The plot is pretty much just married early thirty-somethings have lost the mojo, decide to get drunk and film themselves having sex, accidentally send video to everyone who has a sync-ed iPad to their iPad, couple do whatever it takes to get the iPads back.   Jason Segel (Marshall from How I Met your Mother) as Jay and Cameron Diaz as Annie have pretty good chemistry but even they can't save this movie which I think should pretty much be blamed on a lame script.  Rob Lowe has some pretty funny scenes and in fact, most of the funny stuff happens when he's in it, but the rest of the time it's all just what I'd describe as.....awkward.

The point is pretty much "if you just remember why you liked bonking in the first place, you'll get the urge to bonk again" which is kinda dumb and it leads to some very unbelievable conversations toward the end of the movie.   Jay looks over at Annie and says "This situation has shown me that you are kind, generous yada yada yada" and yet at no time during this movie have we seen Annie being kind or generous to anyone let alone Jay (who was responsible for the tape getting out with his crazy Frankenstein syncing program to all his former iPads which are just given away to friends, family and the mailman because Jay has such amazing taste in music everyone wants his playlists - What???).  And then Annie says a bunch of nice stuff I've forgotten about Jay which is also stupid because he did none of that either in the last 90 minutes.

All I can say is I'm thankful for receiving free tickets to this movie and did not pay to see it, and my goodwill towards Jason Segel for all his previous good work (The Muppets, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I love you Man etc etc) just went down a notch.  Eat a sandwich too boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment