Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Tuesday 24 April 2012

Upcoming Movies to Get Excited About!

Ooohh, The Avengers is out tomorrow! I have been excited about this move since I heard it might be made.  Not just 1 superhero, but many!  The Marvel Studios guys have really set this up so well with all the little clues and ties coming up during Iron Man, The Hulk, Iron Man 1, Thor and Captain America.  All leading up to this moment, as Loki threatens Earth with an alien army and S.H.I.E.L.D tries to save us all by assembling the greatest team of superheroes ever.....and Black Widow who has no powers possibly other than the ability to slay men with her tight black jumpsuit.  I would lurve to go see this tomorrow, Day 1, and soak in the excitement but B is just not the type of guy who likes big ticket lines and sitting elbow to elbow with strangers who munch non-stop and check phones during movies.  Actually neither do I come to think of it.  Maybe next week.  Promise I'll try to see more movies before their last day so that if you like the sound of it you can actually go see it!
This got me thinking about what other movies I'm excited about.  Here are a couple of upcoming films and their trailers which I think look really cool and you may be keen to see as well.

1. Ted - From Seth McFarlane (Family Guy) a movie about a guy whose teddy bear is real and talks back.  A movie version of Wilfred except the girl can see and hear the teddy bear?  Looks very funny though and the presence of Mila guarantees we'll be going to see it for B's sake.


2. Moonrise Kingdom - the new Wes Anderson looks delightful.  Thanks to B for bringing this to my attention.


3. Prometheus - the long awaited next movie from Ridley Scott in the Alien realm - is it a prequel?  It looks very good and has Michael Fassbender so I've got some expectations happening.


4) Dark Shadows - I'm not familiar with the original TV series of the 60s, but how can you go past Tim Burton collaborating with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter?  That would be enough for me usually, but having seen two different trailers for this, I am now champing at the bit.  Love the gothic stylings mixed with the "fish out of  water" comedy.


5) Casa de mi Padre - Will Ferrell's new Spanish soap opera movie looks hilarious, despite seeming to have been savaged by the users of IMDB. 


I love the part where they say "and introducing, Will Ferell"!  Get the joke people!

And in addition to these great movies, we have a big blockbuster winter ahead (thank you American summer blockbuster season) and you can look forward to The Dark Knight Rises (final in Chris Nolan's trilogy of Batman reboot films), The Amazing Spiderman (just saw trailer and I have to say, the first person web spinning flight through the city is pretty amazing and will be mind-blowing in 3D - this changed my mind about seeing this reboot), Snow White and the Huntsman, Men in Black 3, The Dictator (I thought I was over Sacha Baron Cohen's parodies, but we saw preview for this and totally want to see it now), The Bourne Legacy (reboot with no Bourne, no Damon and no director Greengrass), Expendables 2 (saw the original on DVD and it was surprisingly good).

What are you excited about this year, dear readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment