Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Thursday 24 March 2011

Vale Elizabeth Taylor

Sad news in this morning, Liz Taylor passed away overnight at the age of 79.  I sincerely hope that her legacy over time will centre on her great acting ability and beauty and not her tumultuous love life that filled so many tabloid column inches.  The "starlets" of today have taken her place in the tabloids, but will never achieve the same level of respect and longevity.  If you have missed out, try to rent out one of these better regarded movies in the next few weeks:
  • Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
  • Cleopatra
  • Giant
  • Butterfield 8
  • The Flintstones Movie (joking!! - an unfortunate full stop on a significant career)
She had great style and talent, farewell to another screen legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment