Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Friday 22 April 2011

Movie Trivia Night - for Brisbanites

Exciting news!  The Mana Bar in Brisbane's Fortitude Valley is starting up a regular movie trivia night.  A little odd given it is a bar created around playing video games, but the two are probably somewhat related.  Hopefully some of the questions will be on geek movies.  The first one is this Tuesday 26 April at 7pm.  First place wins tickets to Source Code, which is one of the movies I had on my "looking forward to" list (see post below).  Second and third place get some DVDs.  If anyone is interested in forming a team and going, let me know on Facebook or post a comment here. 

As it's Easter, here is my tip for a good Easter movie - Donnie Darko.  Warning - contains one scary bunny rabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment