Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Monday 24 December 2012

Christmas Eve movie marathon

Wow, it's Christmas Eve already.  Where has that year gone? For me, it's been consumed with way too much work.  But work finished early today, so after getting through the season finale of 'Homeland' which we were too tuckered out last night to watch live after my family Christmas day, it's time for our traditional Christmas Eve movie marathon.  Elf, followed by Bad Santa.  Or perhaps Bad Santa, followed by Elf?

Elf is the magical Christmas spirit movie, although with a big twist of weirdness thanks to Will Ferrell's manchild antics.  Why do we rewind the part where he gets hit by a car so many times though?  Hilarious and with a nice heartwarming finish.  For the guys, it stars Zooey Deschanel in a very winning role.

Bad Santa is the antithesis of a Christmas movie on the surface of it, featuring a mean, alcoholic, career crim who poses as Santa for department stores each year with his dwarf partner in crime as an elf, in order to rob the store the night before Christmas.  In this new city, he meets an 8 year old boy who is borderline mentally challenged and therefore easy to take advantage of for accommodation and food while he pulls his scam.  Despite all the swearing, fighting, shagging and other miscellaneous bad behavious, this movie does manage to show some Christmas spirit as well.  This one is definitely NOT for the family/kids (the F word appears about 70+ times in various guises) but could be a goer for the grinchier folk out there.  If you don't own it and can't rent it, it's showing on GO! on Christmas night at 9:30pm (Brisbane time).

Merry Christmas to all my readers, hope you have a happy day and get to enjoy some movies in the next few days.  Now I'm off to load the DVD player, kick back, put the feet up and enjoy some laughs.



No comments:

Post a Comment