Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Thursday 5 January 2012

Elementary my Dear Watson

Only one new movie out this week, Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game of Shadows.  The original was big dumb fun, retooling Sherlock as slightly more eccentric and beefier than previous versions (the slow mo fight scene break down was a knockout, pardon the pun).  The trailer promises more of the big (train set piece), more of the dumb (Holmes in a dress) and just as much fun (all the rest of the trailer).

If you're into foreign arthouse, The Salt of Life is showing at the Regal Twin only which seems to maybe be a new film.  An Italian film about a 60 year old bloke pondering on whether to take a mistress and whether anyone will have him.

Otherwise there's still plenty of choices from the Boxing Day releases with all of the big movies still having multiple screenings per day.  I should be off to see Tintin any day now so stay tuned for that review.  Also in draft phase but soon to be posted is my review of 2011, which will be followed up pretty quickly by a peek at what movies are coming up this year and when, what to look out for.

Hope you've enjoyed reading last year and let me know what you want to see more of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment