Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Friday 17 February 2012

This week's deliveries - 16 Feb

Apologies for being late!

New deliveries this week are:

V-day big hitter This Means War is out.  Suspend disbelief now for what I believe will be an uncool movie verson of that old Mad magazine classic Spy vs Spy.  Attractive stars will see this pull a decent box office despite the fact that it's about two super spies using national resources to knock each other out of the running for a hot chick!

The Grey is a survival horror movie pitting Liam Neeson against a pack of super-wolves, freezing cold whether and (probably) stupidity, after a plane crashes and a small group of co-workers survive.

More Oscar movies are being released, with My Week with Marilyn hitting our screens just in time to evaluate whether Michelle Williams deserves the Oscar for her portrayal of the legendary Ms Monroe.  Not a full blown biopic of Marilyn's life, it instead focuses on a short period during the making of her film The Prince and the Showgirl in the UK with the equally legendary Laurence Olivier.

If you're a horse lover, you've been spoilt for choice in the last few months with The Cup, Warhorse and now Buck.  Buck is a documentary more about a horse whisperer than a horse, but still, it's horses on screen!

Finally, we have One for the Money.  A very under-promoted film, perhaps because it should come with a built in fanbase being based on a hugely successful series of novels by Janet Evanovich, about a woman who becomes a bail bondsman after getting a divorce and losing her job.  Book fans went "Eeek" when they heard that Katherine Heigl was going to play their kick-ass heroine Stephanie Plum.  I see some very mixed reviews about this so I'll defer to my friend E to review this for us (she's been waiting 15 years for this apparently after reading the first book).

Drawn to Screen this weekend has a double of Barbarella (is this the coolest camp movie of all time? it's a must see for Jane Fonda) and Fritz the Cat, with the original Superman from 1978 screening on Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment