Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Thursday 4 August 2011

Fresh eye candy

Is it already Thursday again?  Yet another batch of new films out before you've gotten to see the ones from the last few weeks (really wish I didn't miss X-Men First Class).  Never mind, they'll be out on DVD in a few weeks!  The big release of the week is Rise of the Planet of the Apes which needs no introduction - I think it does what it says on the packet.  Totally opposite would be Mel Gibson's crazy hand puppet drama The Beaver (check my review a few weeks ago) and Red Dog.  This is a simple tale (allegedly based on a true story) about an adventurous kelpie in the outback and his friendship with an American traveller, not to mention a bunch of other Aussie characters.  Palace Centro's new exclusive is Love Crime which I have no idea what that is about, sorry.  Take a chance!

Your new release options at the video shop include The Lincoln Lawyer (Matthew McConaughey as a lawyer not taking his shirt off for once), Hop (talking Easter Bunny), Never Let me Go (fantastic drama with sci-fi edge, reviewed earlier this year) and Just Go With It (ludicrious premise of Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston pretending to be married so he can get his dream girl, but could be kinda funny??). 

No comments:

Post a Comment