Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Thursday 18 August 2011

New views 18 August

Hola amigos! It's an action packed week at the cinema starting today, what with the release of the remake of Conan the Barbarian, Cowboys and Aliens (does what it says on the packet although refreshingly not in 3D) and a bit of teen wrestling in Win Win (although more of an adult drama about decent people making dumb decisions).  This is in addition to the still on release Green Lantern, Captain America, Harry Potter, Hanna and Rise of the Planet of the Apes.  Rom coms are represented by Friends with Benefits which everyone is aware of unless they've been under a rock during the Justin/Mila publicity explosion.  For a more gentle pace, try Pina 3D at the Palace Barracks - a tribute by German Werner Herzog to his friend Pina who is a very well known dance choreographer who passed away just before the film was made.  Much dance and movement and not much else I believe.  Music lovers have the film of Faithless' final concert, Passing the Baton, showing at Hoyts Stafford or Glee Live 3D (!).  There really is something for everyone at the moment.

Tribal Theatre has an exclusive on The Last Circus, plus Planet Terror and Deathproof as a grindhouse double bill all week, although sadly not as the full package that American viewers received when it was originally released.  One day......

Both Hoyts and Birch Carroll and Coyle have published coupons in the paper today (Thursday) for 2 tix for $20 or 2 3D tix for $26.  So snip and save!

Paul is about the only big release on DVD this week, but it's well worth a watch, very funny and some great pop culture/sci fi references.  Check out my review earlier this year if unsure.

Adios, until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment