Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Thursday 14 July 2011

New out 13 July

This could be the shortest blog post ever!  In the What's New at the cinema category as of today is really just one movie, one to overshadow them all.  It's a little movie, you might've heard of it - Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  It'd already made $7 million on the first day, which is more than many movies make in their entire cinematic run.  So you've probably all already seen it?  I'll let the activity die down a bit, my review will be up next weekend.  If you don't want Harry Potter, your only new option is "I Love you Philip Morris" which seems to have snuck into Palace cinemas today.  This is the Jim Carrey/Ewan McGregor romantic comedy which has been delayed quite a lot (I'll have to look into why) as it was shown at the Film Festival in Brisbane last year.  Six month release delays are never a good sign....
At the video store there isn't much new action either.  Hall Pass is out today, sorry if I led you astray last week.  Horror movie "The Rite" and GFC drama "Company Men" are also out, both had reasonable write-ups.  If you're up for something crazy and your store has it, rent out "Rubber".  I was able to rent this out a few weeks ago for my second viewing.  It's a movie about a tyre (yes a car tyre) that comes to life and has telekinetic powers which it puts to good use killing anyone or anything that gets in its way.  This crazy movie made me laugh so much, you should get it out just to say you've seen this - it will definitely be a cult classic in future times.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment