Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Thursday 28 July 2011

What's new 28 July

The new releases are pouring out again, the blockbuster summer in America always causes our winters to be very exciting.  This week the big new movie is Captain America: The First Avenger, the last of the key Marvel superheroes to be introduced to audiences before the super mash-up "The Avengers" hits our screens next year.  The full trailer to this that I saw last weekend looks so much better than the early ones.  Something about the period '40s setting in an action film really appeals to me - there is so much style to it.  The other big movie is Hanna (reviewed in a separate post a few days ago) which may get more attention than I thought - the early reviews are good, I thought this was really cool so go see it.  In a big week for assassins, The Conspirator is new at selected cinemas, this time a a courtroom drama set around the assassination of Abrahalm Lincoln in the 1860s.  Directed by Robert Redford, it may be worth a look.  Palace Centro has an exclusive on "Of Gods and Men", a drama about a group of Trappist monks in a remote Algerian community who must decide whether to stay or go when they come under threat from fundamental terrorists.  I haven't heard much on this.

DVDs out this week are Limitless (check my review from a few months ago) and The Way Back.  The big news for Blu-ray owners is that Apocalypse Now has been released on deluxe BD.  You get the cinematic release and the Redux version plus a tonne of extras.

No comments:

Post a Comment