Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Thursday 21 July 2011

New out 21 July

Happy Thursday everyone.  There is a reprieve this week for those (seemingly few) who are uninterested in Harry Potter.  Most cinemas will have Bad Teacher (stay tuned for my review) and Larry Crowne (new Tom Hanks directed, Tom Hanks starring drama).  A few have The Eagle, a sword & horses historical actioner.  Selected cinemas have Beautiful Lies (French whimsy and misunderstandings with Amelie star Audrey Tatou) and 5 Days of War (military drama exploring the real-life war between Russia and Georgia in 2008).  The Harry Potter juggernaut will definitely continue - the box office has passed $557 million across the world after one week - but this week you have other options if desired.
New on DVD this week are The Mechanic, The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and The Warrior's Way.  The Millennium trilogy films are well worth watching so if you haven't seen the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the Girl who Played with Fire, you have a great movie marathon ahead of you now that the third movie has been released. Dark and suspenseful.

No comments:

Post a Comment