Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Friday 23 September 2011

New movies 22 September

A day late, a dollar short? I missed this week's update as I was planning to go see Fright Night last night, then I ended up not going as I didn't want to be too tired on a school night.  Then I didn't end up doing an update anyway.  Lazy.  This week's movies are much less in number (and excitement) than last week's.  If you're reading this it is already too late to see "Nirvana - Live at the Paramount" as it was showing tonight only at 9pm.  Sorry 'bout that.  Maybe it will come to DVD....

The "big" release this week is "Abduction".  Big as it's going to be notable as the movie that proves that Taylor Lautner cannot act.  Yeah, I actually knew that he couldn't act in the Twilight movies, but he didn't have to do much in those so the young 'uns might've been fooled enough to splash their cash to see him lead this movie.  No, I haven't seen it yet.  Just the trailer.  That's enough to know, trust me.

I think Monte Carlo is new this week too.  Tweeny girl stuff about a girl on holiday in Europe with friends and her step-sister who gets mistaken for a princess and whisked off on a fantasy fulfilment trip.  Strictly for teen girls only I reckon, I think it's Disney related so probably very wholesome.

Cave of Forgotten Dreams has started this week too at selected cinemas. This is German director Werner Herzog's documentary about the ancient cave paintings in the Chauvet Caves in Southern France.  It is meant to be quite breathtaking, and they were able to film in 3D as well.  One for the history and nature buffs.

Most of the movies released in the last few weeks are still out with lots of sessions so if a new movie doesn't appeal to you, go see The Guard or Horrible Bosses (see my review).

No comments:

Post a Comment