Principles in the Mel-ocracy

Principles in the Mel-ocracy:

1. I don't download pirated movies/TV or copy movies for free.
2. I don't take my shoes off at the cinema and put my feet up on the seat in front - this is gross people! People's heads rest where your stinky feet have been!
3. I don't check my phone during the movie. Even if it's on silent you can still be annoyed by the glowing screen. You are not so important it can't wait 2 hours.
4. I usually stay to the end of the credits, just in case there is a bit at the end.
5. I do talk in films if necessary, but quietly.
6. I will annoy my companions by guessing the movie within 3 seconds of the preview starting, if possible.
7. If nobody else wants to go, I will go by myself rather than miss out.
8. I don't spoil endings or twists.


Thursday 29 September 2011

Quiet Week - 29 September

Just a short one tonight as it is a quiet week after the massive slate of new releases at the beginning of the school holidays.  Just two new movies this week, The Whistleblower and Crazy, Stupid Love.  The Whistleblower is great, see my review from the weekend.  Did I forget to mention in there that the atrocities committed by personnel contracted by the UN cannot be prosecuted as they are protected by diplomatic immunity?  Fascinating movie.  Crazy Stupid Love is the new Steve Carrell film where his wife leaves him and he learns how to be a player from Ryan Gosling.  This looks to have something for everyone with comedy, relationships, beefcake (Ryan) and cute girls.  Reviewed very well so far, so well worth a look.  Also Lion King 3D is officially out and from what I've seen most cinemas have adults at kids prices.  Apparently it was remastered prior to the 3D upgrade so will look glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment